This compact itinerary adds a special experience to any Middle Eastern holiday. The famous giant turtles of Oman are protected by a scientific research centre to ensure minimal impact from visitors. From the pristine coastline dotted with perfect white beaches to desert hospitality at a Bedouin settlement and through to the picture perfect mountain oasis this itinerary shows you the very best of Oman a fascinating destination.
- See majestic giant turtles clamber up the beach to lay their eggs at one of the largest turtle reserves in the world.
- Experience the famed hospitality of the Bedouin at a traditional settlement.
- See the incredible contrasting beauty of oasis mountains sparkling coast and desert dunes.
Oman private tailor made package - 4WD
Meals and sightseeing as per itinerary
Private English chauffeur-guide
Day 1: Muscat – Sur – Ras Al Jinz (B L)
This morning (around 08.00 a.m.) depart by 4WD vehicles to Ras Al Jinz via the scenic and rugged coastal route. This tour offers breath taking glimpses of the blue waters of the Gulf of Oman offset by pristine white beaches.
As you drive past the fishing village of Quriyat keep attentive as there is a good chance of spotting flamingos and eagles at an inland stream.
Visit the picturesque Wadi Arabayeen with its deep pools of water set among the date palms. Then proceed to the Bimah sinkhole a spectacular limestone crater with blue green water at the bottom. On clear sunny days while driving along the coast one might be able to see sharks in the deep blue waters or fleet footed Gazelles sprint across the landscape.
The Mausoleum of Bibi Miriam at Qalhat stands as testimony of a bygone era. As you continue from here the road winds through mountain terrain offering wonderful glimpses of the ocean.
After lunch continue your drive on to Ras Al Jinz and check into the hotel. At night you will be guided down to the beach of Ras Al Jinz for an unforgettable evening. See giant sea turtles make their way slowly up the beach to within meters of where they were hatched up to 50 years before to continue the legacy they have inherited. The beach is one of the largest turtle reserves in the world.
Day 2: Ras Al Jinz – Wahiba Sands – Muscat (B L)
After breakfast drive to Wadi Bani Khalid a series of small pretty villages embedded in the mountains. The Wadi has clear deep blue water. It is advisable to wear light comfortable clothing and walking shoes.
Then continue to the Wahiba Sands a vast mass of undulating red and white this sea of sand and dunes rises up to 200 meters and is host to a variety of flora and fauna. The ever-changing patterns of the dunes are a photographer’s delight. Experience a roller coaster like feeling as our experienced drivers take you over the dunes.
The Wahiba Sands is also home to the traditional Bedouin tribe who are known for their hospitality and their knowledge of the sands. You will stop and visit a Bedouin family in their traditional and simple habitat.
After lunch drive back to Muscat where you will arrive at approximately 5.30pm to continue with your own arrangements.
- Transportation by private A/C luxury 4WD car with driver
- Accommodation in listed hotels (or similar) with private facilities
- Meals as indicated
- Sightseeing and entrance fee
- Local private English speaking driver/guide
- Oman Travel Notes – issued by Innovative Travel
- International airfares
- Optional tours and excursions
- Port Taxes and fuel surcharges
- Tipping/Gratuities (please refer to tour notes for a recommended guideline)
- Personal Expenses
- Departure taxes
- Hotel charges for minibar or any extra charges
- Visas (unless specified)
- Any other services not clearly mentioned in the inclusions above
Turtles are in their natural habitat therefore sightings are not always possible.
- Best photo opportunities are early morning around 05.30 am
- Never approach turtles emerging from the sea or disturb nesting turtles
- Watch out for disoriented hatchlings and direct them seawrd
- Never leave waste on the beach
- Avoid making noise around the nesting beach
- Use of flashlight is prohibited
- Wear light pullovers in dark colours only
- Carry only 1 small overnight bag due to limited baggage space
Type of vehicle used on your tour
Air conditioned 4WD Toyota Land cruisers or similar
Trip prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however all offers are subject to reconfirmation at the time of booking. Note prices usually display available discounted rates if any, (eg. Early Bird Deals if applicable). All featured tour itineraries and offers maybe subject to change due to seasonal variations without notice, or due to local conditions or other conditions. Please confirm all details at time of booking. Travel insurance is mandatory for all Innovative Travel bookings. All passports must be valid for 6 months prior to your return to your home country. Visas are the responsibility of the traveller. Special VIP meet and assist offers are valid for New Zealand passport holders, for other nationalities please check at the time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.