Courtesy of the Jordanian Tourism Board North America
We would like to share a few updates on the situation on the ground in Jordan and how the destination is taking the necessary precautions in an effort to contain and minimize the spread of COVID-19.
• All traffic in and out of Jordan’s borders with the exception of cargo traffic has been suspended
• Jordan received 70 flights with 5000 passengers in 24 hours. A country with minimal natural resources, facing a huge economic crisis, has managed to quarantine all these passengers in hotels providing food, medication, all essentials and medical checkups during their stay since Jordan is under curfew and the country is in lock-down.
• All tourism sites and Royal Society for the Conservation of Nature (RSCN) sites have been closed until further notice
• All tourism sites and RSCN sites, including the airport, hotels, and other establishments are being sprayed down with disinfectant that has been provided by the Ministry of Health
• All tour guides have reported to the main hospital to be monitored and tested
• An emergency hotline has been established at the Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of Health to assist anyone in the country
• Jordan is under lock-down, all gatherings are cancelled, restaurants, bars, etc. are closed until further notice
• Jordanians are coming together and supporting where they can. Some have donated to the Ministry of Health; landlords are foregoing rent payments from their tenants; others have offered their empty properties for free to the Ministry of Health if needed; bakeries are offering free bread; stores are offering free food and vegetables; neighbours are sending food to the needy’s doors, and many have offered to deliver whatever is needed to the elderly while they stay at home.
• The Minister of Finance was asked of the economic impact on Jordan and how much did it cost? He answered, “it cost us 56 dear Jordanians infected with the virus.”
We feel with you, our partners, our communities and with the global tourism industry. We know and understand how difficult this is and we hope as a united global family we are able to suppress this virus and prevent anything like this from happening again. And once we are beyond this crisis, travel will be an even greater force for good as the world begins its recovery and our team will be ready to support and work with you. One silver lining in the midst of this crisis, if nothing else, is that Mother Earth is thanking us as we pause and she regenerates.
Order a Brochure
Click to view our online brochures. We also offer printed brochures to order. Enquire here
Read testimonials from past Innovative Travellers whom we have helped to explore the globe.
Sign up for Emails
Click to sign up for our amazing email exclusive offers, free events, travel tips, and more.