The trip was amazing! (As I'm sure you knew I would say!) I am really pleased that we made the decision to have a trip organised through Ancient Kingdoms Holidays - it made such a difference feeling safe and knowing we would be well looked after.
Our driver, Karim, was - well, solicitous is the best word, I think. He was extremely courteous (I got quite used to being addressed as "Madame") and also gave us excellent advice on practicalities, such as tipping - which is always a bit of a mystery to Kiwis, even with the guidelines you provided. He knew where there were good clean loo stops everywhere! Plus, it made it so much more interesting being able to talk about "real life" in Morocco.
My personal highlights were:
1. The Desert!!
2. Riding the camels into the desert camp at sunset... the colours, the silence, Claire breaking into song... "Alice the camel had one hump..."
3. Sitting at the campsite fire, in the desert under the stars, the Milky way - and the musicians playing..(plus actually having a toilet and a shower in our "tent')
4. Getting up to watch the sunrise in the desert! The light, the colours - and the camels rocking up to say hello...
5. Having a hammam in Ouarzazate
6. The cooking class in Marrakech.
The scenery was fantastic - and it was just soo interesting!!
Philippa & Claire