Operates on Mon Tue Sat and these Thu:
11/04 25/04 16/05 23/05 30/05 13/06 27/06 11/07
25/07 08/08 22/08 12/09 19/09 26/09 03/10 & 17/10
Journey back into the time of Homer with this itinerary taking in some of the most famous sites of classical history and legend. See where the Olympic Games were founded and held for over 12 centuries and consult the famed Oracle of Delphi - all in an easy three day journey.
- Visit the home of the Olympic Games in Olympia.
- Drive along the beautiful Saronic Gulf coastal road.
- Follow in the footsteps of heroes and legends from the works of Homer.
Day 1: Athens – Olympia (D)
This morning you will be collected from your hotel for a three day tour to some of Greece's wonderful classical sights.
Follow the coastal road along the Saronic Gulf. Make a brief stop at the Corinth Canal and then continue to Epidaurus. Visit the 4th century B.C. theatre with its remarkable acoustics. Continue to Nauplia for a short stop. Then onto Mycenae the Homeric city of Atreidae. Visit the archaeological site and the tomb of Agamemnon. Then depart for Olympia through the central Peloponnese, passing the towns of Megalopolis and Tripolis. Arrive in Olympia the cradle of the Olympic Games.
Day 2: Olympia – Delphi (B D)
After breakfast visit the archaeological site with the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, the ancient stadium, and the Archaeological Museum of Olympia. Then drive on through the plains of Eliad and Achaia to the magnificent bridge which crosses the Corinthian Bay from Rion to Antirion. Pass the picturesque towns of Nafpaktos (Lepanto) and Itea, then continue to Delphi.
Day 3: Delphi – Athens (B)
After breakfast visit the archaeological site of Delphi. The oracle of Delphi was visited by royalty, heroes, and common people who desired answers or a glimpse of their future. Alexander the Grea,t his father Philip, Socrates, the Athenians, and Spartans have all sought the advice of the Oracle, the City Treasuries, the delicate 5th Century statue of the Charioteer, and other priceless art treasures discovered nearby. Depart Delphi and drive through the village of Arachova renowned for its colorful rugs and carpets. Continue back to Athens via Levadia and Thebes. You will arrive in Athens about 7.00pm to continue with your own arrangements.
Please note we have requested a double bedded room but cannot guarantee one will be available. In Greece double rooms are very limited. Please ask on check-in with the hotel to see what is available.
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
- Tourist Class hotels with private facilities
- Meals and Sightseeing as specified in itinerary
- Professional guides
- Greece Travel Notes – issued by Innovative Travel
- Entrance fees
- International airfares
- Optional tours and excursions
- Port Taxes and fuel surcharges
- Tipping/Gratuities (please refer to tour notes for a recommended guideline)
- Personal Expenses
- Departure taxes
- Hotel charges for minibar or any extra charges
- Visas (unless specified)
- Any other services not clearly mentioned in the inclusions above