Nepal is an incredible destination which shares a special connection with New Zealanders through the work of Sir Edmund Hillary. From the incomparable Himalaya in the north to the lowlands on the southern border, this compact itinerary highlights the very best of this life-changing country.
- Wake up to sunrise over the Himalaya, viewed from the 2175m high village of Nagarkot
- Search for tigers, rhinoceros, crocodiles, and hundreds of other animals in Chitwan National Park
- Experience the day-to-day life of the other-worldly Bhaktapur World Heritage Area
Day 01: Kathmandu
Upon arrival at Kathmandu you will be met by our local operator and transferred to your accommodation. The remainder of the day is at leisure to unwind and begin soaking up the local atmosphere.
Day 02: Kathmandu - Nagarkot (B)
Following breakfast at your hotel, depart for a full day of sightseeing beginning with Swayambhunath, also known as Monkey Temple. Later, visit Budhanilkantha with the so called floating statue of Lord Vishnu reclining on a bed of snakes. In the afternoon depart for Nagarkot via Bhaktapur – a wonderfully preserved city which is now a protected UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Day 03: Nagarkot-Kathmandu-Pokhara (B)
Wake up to a view of the sunrise over the Himalaya from the stunning viewpoint of Nagarkot, 2175m above sea level. Later, drive to Pokhara with the beautiful Few Lake. This area is the base of the Kaligandaki Gorge, an incredible geological feature said to be the deepest canyon in the world. It was formed by the Gandaki River from Tibet wearing down the Himalaya as they were thrust up by the collision of Indian Tectonic Plate with the Eurasian Plate to the north. This process began 50 million years ago and continues today.
Day 04: In Pokhara (B)
Morning drive to Sarangkot for the unforgettable view across 5 peaks ranging between 6983m and 7937m. During the afternoon take a sightseeing tour of Pokhara including boating in Fewa Lake.
Day 05: Pokhara-Chitwan (B, L, D)
Following breakfast, drive to Chitwan National Park. This incredible area is home to a myriad of wildlife including tigers, leopards, rhinoceros, crocodiles, sun bears, multiple species of deer and monkey, the occasional male bull elephant, and over 600 species of birds. There is even a very rare freshwater dolphin who can very occasionally be seen here.
Day 06: In Chitwan (B, L, D)
A day to remember today as you have a full day of Jungle activities.
Day 07: Chitwan-Kathmandu (B)
Fly to Kathmandu from Chitwan to connect with your onward flight or your own arrangements.
- Daily breakfast
- Sightseeing tour as per above itinerary by A/C Vehicle
- English speaking representative for arrival and departure transfer
- English speaking local guide in Kathmandu/ Pokhara for sightseeing (Different guide in different city)
- Monument entrance fee for above itinerary
- All applicable road taxes and parking
- International airfares
- Optional tours and excursions
- Port Taxes and fuel surcharges
- Tipping/Gratuities (please refer to tour notes for a recommended guideline)
- Personal Expenses
- Departure taxes
- Hotel charges for minibar or any extra charges
- Visas (unless specified)
- Any other services not clearly mentioned in the inclusions above
Optional: 04 Days Hiking in Annapurna Region – minimum 2 people
Price on demand.
Day 1 – Drive to Kade from Pokhara (31 km/1 hour). Trek to Australian Camp (2220m.)-Pothana-Dhampus (1700m.)/5 hours. Overnight at Hotel in Local Lodge in Dhampus
Day 2 – Trek around. Overnight at Hotel in Local Lodge in Dhampus
Day 3 – Trek around. Overnight at Hotel in Local Lodge in Dhampus
Day 4 – Trek to Phedi from Dhampus and Drive to Pokhara
- Transfer from Pokhara to trek point.
- Accommodation on best available Lodge in Trek area on AP Basis.
- English speaking Trekking Guide.
- 01 Porter per 02 pax.
- ACAP and TIMS fee.
- Expenses of personal nature and insurance of any kind.
- Any expenses other than mentioned under Cost includes heading
Accommodation based on the below or similar
Tourist Class: Arts Hotel
First Class: Mulberry Hotel
Superior First Class: Yak & Yeti Hotel
Tourist Class: Himalayan Villa
First Class: Himalayan Villa
Superior First Class: Fort Resort
Tourist Class: Batika Classic Hotel
First Class: Atithi Hotel
Superior First Class: Pokhara Grande
Tourist Class: Jungle Villa
First Class: Tigerland Safari
Superior First Class: Barahi Jungle Lodge
Trip prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however all offers are subject to reconfirmation at the time of booking. Note prices usually display available discounted rates if any, (eg. Early Bird Deals if applicable). All featured tour itineraries and offers maybe subject to change due to seasonal variations without notice, or due to local conditions or other conditions. Please confirm all details at time of booking. Travel insurance is mandatory for all Innovative Travel bookings. All passports must be valid for 6 months prior to your return to your home country. Visas are the responsibility of the traveller. Special VIP meet and assist offers are valid for New Zealand passport holders, for other nationalities please check at the time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.